Adding to Cart
Please wait while we update your bag...
Failed to Add to Bag
This item has been added to your bagView your bag
Updating one moment please...
Michael Hill “Win a $10,000.00 Diamond Experience” Competition
01. Instructions on how to enter and regarding prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions; however, to the extent of any conflict between an instruction and these Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions will prevail. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
02. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over. Employees of the Promoters, associated agencies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. A person who validly enters the competition is an “Entrant”.
03. The competition will commence at 12.01am (AEST) on Sunday 1 December 2013 and will close at 5.00pm (AEST) on Sunday 15 December 2013 (“the Competition Period”).
- Entrants may enter as many times as they wish. To enter, Entrants must make an order with Styletread (www.styletread.com.au) during the Competition Period to be eligible to receive a box in their order containing a plastic diamond. Also in the box will be an insert instructing the Entrant to take the plastic diamond to a Michael Hill Jeweller store to have it assessed to see if it is the winning plastic diamond. The winning plastic diamond will be engraved with a message which is visible under a diamond loupe.
- Entrants must take their plastic diamond into a Michael Hill Jeweller store before 5.00pm 31 December 2013 for assessment. Entrants must show proof of purchase between the relevant dates from Styletread when taking the plastic diamond to Michael Hill Jeweller for assessment.
- Michael Hill will attempt to assess the plastic diamond at the store at the time it is presented if possible. If it is not possible, the plastic diamond will be assessed as soon as possible and the if it is the winning plastic diamond, the winner will be notified within 2 business days. The winner must then redeem the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions.
04. The name of the winner will be published within 7 business days of the winner being notified by Michael Hill. The winner’s name will be published on www.styletread.com.au and on Styletread’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/StyleTread). The winner’s name will also be published on www.michaelhill.com.au and on Michael Hill’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/MichaelHillFB).
05. This is a game of chance. The Promoters decision in relation to any aspect of the competition will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
06. The Promoters are entitled to use any of the entries submitted in any manner and for any purpose at their absolute discretion. By entering the competition, Entrants consent to the promoters recording, reproducing, publishing adapting, communicating or otherwise using the Entrants’ performances, names, voices and likeness for the purposes of using the entries for future Promoters’ or their agents’ book publications, promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity, without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the Entrant. The Promoters may require an Entrant or winner to execute any document necessary to give effect to the provisions of this clause.
07. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) by requiring proof of identity and proof of purchase, and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. The Promoters may require a copy of such proof for their records. Acceptable forms of identification are at the sole discretion of the Promoters. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
08. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to ensure their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions.
09. There is one (1) prize for the competition. The Entrant who presents the specially engraved plastic diamond with the winning notation engraved on it (such notation is secret has been pre-determined and is held in safe custody at Michael Hill Head Office) at a Michael Hill Jeweller store will be deemed the winner and will win the following major prize to the combined value of up to $10,000 made up of the following components:
- Travel to Michael Hill’s headquarters in Brisbane to have a diamond ring custom designed & crafted especially for the winner. The design, diamond, setting and manufacture of the ring won in this prize are included. If the winner chooses a specific design that takes the total prize value over $10,000, the winner will need to pay the difference and these costs will be the responsibility of the winner.
- One (1) x economy return air fare from the winner’s nearest capital city to Brisbane valued at up to $641.00 (depending on point of departure). If the winner is from the Brisbane Metropolitan area, the flight component of the prize will not be included.
- Return transport from Brisbane airport to Michael Hill’s headquarters only valued at up to $120 (if the Entrant had to fly to Brisbane).
10. THE TOTAL POTENTIAL PRIZE POOL IS $10,000.00. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the responsibility of the winner. All prize values include GST.
11. The Promoters are neither responsible nor liable for any loss or damage suffered in the event that the appointment with Michael Hill is postponed, cancelled, rescheduled or relocated for any reason whatsoever.
12. The one prize for the competition will be distributed (unless the prize is not claimed). The Prize must be redeemed in full between 13 January 2014 and 28 February 2014 on a prearranged day suitable to both the prize winner and Michael Hill. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the prize is not redeemed by this date, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash, nor any other prize will be awarded in lieu of the prize being forfeited. There is only one prize in this competition and sharing of it among multiple entrants or persons is not permitted.
13. In the event of a mistake by the Promoters and more than one valid winning plastic diamond is accidentally issued by the Promoters, at the end of this competition, all existing valid claims will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool has been exceeded. Whilst illegal, fraudulent, or other winning claims that are invalid for any other reasons will not be honoured by the Promoters, matters outside of the control of an entrant will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award a prize. Where a claim by an entrant is denied, details of such claim and why it was denied will be retained by the Promoters. Reasons for an denial of the claim will be provided as soon as is possible subject to the Promoters rights due to legal consequences if there has been fraud or tampering.
14. Flights are subject to availability or change without notice.
15. Changes to flight schedules may require additional overnight accommodation at either commencement, during the itinerary, or on completion of the trip which is at the winner’s expense.
16. The winner is responsible for all other expenses including but not limited to additional domestic flights, accommodation, surcharges, spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, and all other ancillary costs.
17. If the winner wishes to extend their trip, they may do so at their own expense.
18. Unless expressly stated in these conditions of entry all other expenses (including travel to and from the point of departure) become the responsibility of the winner.
19. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize offered by the Promoters and are otherwise the subject of any frequent flyer program which the Promoters will have no responsibility for. Standard conditions for tickets by the airline will apply. The Promoter’s decision regarding any flights is final and no correspondence will be entered into. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure that they have all relevant documentation in order to travel. All elements of the prize must be taken together within the one trip. The winner will not be compensated for unused portions of the prize.
20. The prize must be taken as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash or as a credit. The prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. The prize is valued in Australian dollars. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize. In the event that a portion of the prize is awarded to the winner in the form of a voucher / ticket / pass, redemption of that portion of the prize will be subject to the terms and conditions stipulated on the voucher / ticket / pass. The Promoters will not be liable for any voucher / ticket / pass that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
21. Products included in a prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model etc) will be determined by the Promoters in their complete discretion. The winners acknowledge and agree that Michael Hill Jeweller (Australia) Pty Ltd may determine in its absolute discretion whether a particular ring design, material, or diamond are available to be used in the prize.
22. Any cost associated with accessing a promotional website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
23. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
24. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
25. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of their rights or any Term or Condition at any time both during and after the Competition Period does not constitute a waiver of those rights or Terms.
26.If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, extend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
27. The Promoters collect personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoters may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning Entrants. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoters.
29. By entering this promotion, the Entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the competition, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoters other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in. If you do not want your information provided to any organisation not associated with this competition, please indicate this clearly to the Promoters in writing by emailing the Promoters.
30. The Entrant also acknowledges and agrees that the Promoters may require it to participate in other promotional activities, such as photo shoots, and agrees to participate in such activities and provide any further consents required by the Promoters for these activities.
31. The Promoters are Styletread Pty Ltd (ACN 145 771 982) of Unit 3, 35 Carter Street, Sydney Olympic Park NSW 2127 and Michael Hill Jeweller (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 003 181 333) of GPO Box 2922, Brisbane QLD 4001, Australia. [NSW Permit No.LTPS/13/07660; VIC Permit No.13/2651; ACT Permit No.ACT TP 13/03900.2; SA Permit No.T13/1884].
32. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook Inc or any other Facebook entity (“Facebook”). Each entrant acknowledges that they are providing their information to the Promoters and not to Facebook. Entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Competition.